Monday, May 3, 2010

Shop For AIR LIFT 60769 1000 Series Rear Air Spring Kit


Over All Rating Reviews :
Hello,
Purchased this product after reccomendations from my RV dealer and numerous online reviews giving this product the thumbs up. I was very happy with the system I purchased. The Air Lift 1000 and the Wireless Air system, both purchased through Amazon, Both came within a timely manner very well packaged and in good order. I had the products proffessionally installed by a local mechanic, No problems reported on his part. The system worked very well for our trip to Fla. until we hit the 500 mile mark and the wireless controller reported a failure to the air system. I immdiately felt a difference in ride while towing our 28' travel trailer. I tow it with an '04 Suburban. At the next rest area an inspection of the passenger side air bag revealed a 4" split on the inboard side of the bag in the middle. The roadway was clear and dry the whole way down and I did not hit anything while driving. We were able to complete our trip, just towing was a bit harsh without the system activated. Upon my return home I contacted Air Lift inc. and spoke to a very nice representative who immediately sent out a replacement air bag for me. Although he did not reccommend the Wireless Air system for the Air Lift 1000. He stated that the sales person should not have reccommended it, I then advised him that I did not deal with a sales person and that I took the reccommendation of his web site which did not warn against using the Wireless Air system with the Air Lift 1000. At this point he said that they were working to rectify this on the website but that the Wirless Air system was not reccommended. From what I understand from our converstation, the maximum PSI for the bags is 35 PSI so, I guess with a load, the air bags can get above 35 PSI causing a failure. I was advised that the Wirless Air system was OK to use with the Air Lift 1000, it was just that it was not reccommended by the manufacturer. I can only assume that when the air bag calls for air to stay at a preset PSI ( 5 15 or 25 ) that the load along with the compressor can send the PSI above 35 thereby causing the problem. Just make sure you monitor the air pressure though, after all the instructions say to level the vehicle using the airbag when the load in attached to your vehicle (which I did) but when you get moving down the road just beware that when you hit a bump that the bounce is going to increase the pressure even more in the bags, so I am not sure if you should level the vehicle or you should stay at a lower PSI so that you dont overload the PSI and rupture the bags? Kind of confusing? Unless they are saying you have to constantly monitor the bags? Thats not real convienient without the Wireless Air system monitor, which they do not reccommend. But what ever, I was happy with my purchase other than spending more money than I originally had to, If they would have put the reccomendation on there web site I would have followed it, otherwise they should just put "call us before you buy an airsytem" and that would aleviate everything. An oversight on the Air Lift companies end. So if you are looking to purchase this system make sure you stay below 35 PSI in the bags or they will fail. That is what I was told, and that is what apparently happened to me, so I hope this helps you with your purchase.
Get more detail about AIR LIFT 60769 1000 Series Rear Air Spring Kit.


!: Comment Dermatology Laser Hair Removal !: Dresses Formal Price !1!: Low Price Bag Store by PaPaBag.com !1!: Cheap New Unlocked iPhones Top Suppliers Now!







No comments:

Post a Comment


Twitter Facebook Flickr RSS



Français Deutsch Italiano Português
Español 日本語 한국의 中国简体。